Depomed, Inc Assistant Controller & Director Accounting in Lake Forest, Illinois
City Lake Forest
State Illinois [IL]
Title Assistant Controller & Director Accounting
Job ID 1174
Oversees SEC reporting and technical accounting matters, providing an analysis of unusual accounting matters and preparing memos for review by the external auditors. Analyzes and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve systems, consolidation and reporting processes. Assist in the development of strong internal controls processes and the ongoing maintenance and evaluation of controls and related documentation. The position will work closely with legal, IT, investor relations and FP&A. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Leads the preparation of SEC reports
• Review calculations of significant / high risk estimates and/or unusual items
• Prepare technical accounting memos for unusual or complex matters
• Lead the development and monitoring of accounting policies and procedures
• Assist with system and software implementations as needed.
• Assist in managing relationship with internal and external auditors and organizing support, communicating company accounting decisions
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly financials for auditor review, including requested schedules.
• Work with the Controller to initiate, review, and implement process improvements across the department while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the underlying accounting records.
• Assist with the development and implementation of internal controls and preparation of SOX 404 compliance.
• Be able to lead, manage and execute on special projects as needed, and across various functions.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close; ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Perform or supervise month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
• Collaborate with team members to ensure that the Accounting department is operating effectively by evaluating performance against goals, improving processes and systems where necessary, cross-training staff to mitigate dependencies and developing the team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or Finance is required.
• CPA required
• A minimum 8 years of experience in accounting, either at a publicly-traded company and/or auditing public companies.
• Previous experience managing finance and accounting functions;
• Previous experience with SEC filings for publicly trading companies;
• Previous experience with technical accounting matters and controls
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
• Understanding of tax regulations and compliance;
Assertio Therapeutic is a leading specialty pharmaceutical company committed to putting the Patient First in everything we do; with a focus on enhancing the lives of patients, families, physicians, providers and in payors through commercialization of products in the areas of neurology, orphan and specialty therapies.
Assertio has a clear THREE PILLAR strategy for growth:
MAINTAIN a strong/profitable NUCYNTA franchise through a commercialization agreement with Collegium, GROW the Neurology Business and BUILD a new Specialty Business through a recent Cosyntropin transaction. The company’s strategy is to continue to identify, license and develop new products-that offer enhanced therapeutic options to patient populations that may be underserved by existing therapies.
Assertio is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.