Depomed, Inc Director, Business Development in Lake Forest, Illinois
City Lake Forest
State Illinois [IL]
Title Director, Business Development
Job ID 1176
Department Business Development
This position will report to the Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for leading the Search & Evaluation process. This candidate will be an integral part of the deal team. The individual will have responsibility to project manage the deal process and coordinate due diligence. The individual will pro-actively search, evaluate and champion strategic opportunities in collaboration with the rest of the senior management team. This candidate’s direct efforts will generate deal flow through the identification and initial business fit and financial & scientific evaluation of potential strategic opportunities for Assertio. Sourcing of new opportunities will involve a broad outreach that will include the scientific and partnering conferences, biotech and specialty pharmaceutical companies, investment community, opportunistically larger pharma and biotech companies, among other sources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develops and maintains an understanding of the CNS & Orphan pharmaceutical commercial product space and product pipelines
• Review materials and conducts due diligence
• Review and give input on agreements and exhibits
• Discuss and give input as part of the deal team
• Represent Assertio in cultivating relationships in early exploratory business discussions
• Take the lead from getting a CDA in place and enabling a forum for others to get familiar with the product or technology
• Responsible for lead generation, support internal consensus-building to move opportunities through the evaluation process
• Coordinate evaluation of opportunities, building pipeline therapeutic area landscape summaries and maintaining the internal opportunity pipeline log
• Champion the electronic diligence room needs of the team; maintain the list of open items; provide access to team members; share content and update team members when content is available.
• Keeps current regarding industry trends, competitive marketing strategies, referral source needs and future opportunities.
• Execute on company strategy for business development.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop partnership, acquisition and licensing deals.
• Identify, evaluate and develop investment and partnership opportunities.
• Respond to, initiate, or follow up on promising leads.
• Identify and engage with key decision makers.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of drug development process & FDA regulatory path.
• An excellent in-depth knowledge of the path to approval and commercialization of pharmaceutical products is a plus.
• Most likely the successful candidate will have at least five years of experience working for Pharma/Biotech, Investment Banking & Investment Management companies.
• Experience in project management, previous search and evaluation, strategy or licensing roles is essential
• Strong Analytical skills, keen strategic mind and excellent communications skills
• Previous BD experience, helpful, but not required.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Develop strong cross-functional working relationships with commercial departmental heads and business development and corporate strategy functions
• Oversee/manage up to two employees
• Interaction with executives
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Results driven; highly organized with strong ability to follow through, prioritize and execute agreed upon plans without supervision
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage complex processes and initiatives
• Experience and the desire to work within a fast-paced department is required
• Action-oriented with strong sense of urgency; responsive to others; meets service expectations of others
• Proven ability to operate independently, be resourceful and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written presentation skills.
• Strong analytical and qualitative skills and ability to synthesize and integrate customer insights data, draw conclusion and implications, and translate into comprehensive strategies and business decision recommendations.
• Ability to translate Strategy to Tactics.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Assertio Therapeutic is a leading specialty pharmaceutical company committed to putting the Patient First in everything we do; with a focus on enhancing the lives of patients, families, physicians, providers and in payors through commercialization of products in the areas of neurology, orphan and specialty therapies.
Assertio has a clear THREE PILLAR strategy for growth:
MAINTAIN a strong/profitable NUCYNTA franchise through a commercialization agreement with Collegium, GROW the Neurology Business and BUILD a new Specialty Business through a recent Cosyntropin transaction. The company’s strategy is to continue to identify, license and develop new products-that offer enhanced therapeutic options to patient populations that may be underserved by existing therapies.
Assertio is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.