Depomed, Inc Director, Government & Regional Accounts in Lake Forest, Illinois
City Lake Forest
State Illinois [IL]
Title Director, Government & Regional Accounts
Job ID 1160
The Director, Government and Regional Accounts negotiates with Federal, State, and local Government Accounts to obtain or maintain access and reimbursement of Depomed products and services while maintaining favorable profit margin, formulary position, and inclusion in treatment guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintains and utilizes product knowledge and highly effective selling skills in order to influence targeted Government and Commercial Accounts. Including, PBAs and State Medicaid, VA/ DoD, and other related books of business.
• Develop and maintain a strong business relationship with decision makers of targeted government agencies for the purpose of informing and influencing their positions on issues of mutual interest. Maintain a complete understanding of the account and their business practices and access market conditions.
• Develop and execute strategy for each Government channels for the current products and participate in development of the launch strategy for the future brands within Government Channel.
• Identify, monitor, and analyze healthcare and public policy trends of significance to Depomed and develop recommendations based on these trends.
• Recommend and carry out customer development activities.
• Communicate with field sales management and the Regional Accounts Sales Teams on the terms and conditions of government policies and assist in the implementation of regional, state and/or local marketing efforts.
• Plan, initiate, and conduct Government Account negotiations. Analyze and assess government contract strategy and profitability. Develop and implement strategies to increase market access for existing and new products to obtain positive formulary attainment with targeted accounts.
• Execute pull-through collaboration with District Managers and Regional Account Managers.
• Coordinate national contract strategies with broader Managed Markets and Field Sales Teams.
• Provide input into brand strategy, forecasting, product planning.
• Lead pull-through of contracts to assure flawless execution and achievement of established goals/ targets.
• Work with relevant account/ sales teams to develop and implement region-specific sales plans
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 10 years management experience in the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing Federal, State, or Local Government Accounts.
• Strong expertise in reimbursement and managed care knowledge highly desirable.
• Experience selling and leading teams with multiple product portfolios.
• Launch experience
• 50% to 60% overnight travel is required with this position
Assertio Therapeutic is a leading specialty pharmaceutical company committed to putting the Patient First in everything we do; with a focus on enhancing the lives of patients, families, physicians, providers and in payors through commercialization of products in the areas of neurology, orphan and specialty therapies.
Assertio has a clear THREE PILLAR strategy for growth:
MAINTAIN a strong/profitable NUCYNTA franchise through a commercialization agreement with Collegium, GROW the Neurology Business and BUILD a new Specialty Business through a recent Cosyntropin transaction. The company’s strategy is to continue to identify, license and develop new products-that offer enhanced therapeutic options to patient populations that may be underserved by existing therapies.
Assertio is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.