Depomed, Inc Director, National Accounts Northeast/Central in Lake Forest, Illinois
City Lake Forest
State Illinois [IL]
Title Director, National Accounts Northeast/Central
Job ID 1170
Responsible for leading and managing business strategies for large national insurers and pharmacy benefit management companies to achieve net financial goals. Responsible for maximizing reimbursement and access to attain sales and other corporate goals within assigned national accounts. Effectively manages business plans, clinical presentations, value messaging, and coordination with sales management. Provides national payer and market perspective to cross-functional colleagues and business partners and collaborates with such partners in order to optimize corporate return on investment. Keeps Company abreast of shifting customer and market trends, competitive positioning, and other major factors that impact the long term ability to achieve strategic business results and to position Depomed as a leader in pain management. Builds enduring relationships with key customers including C-Suite Executives. Demonstrated track record of delivering successful outcomes in negotiations with C-Suite Executives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for managing the performance and executing strategies to enhance and maintain optimal access for the Depomed portfolio in the payor space.
• Responsible for creating, implementing and driving account level business (revenue/profit) for Managed Care accounts (MCOs, Medicaid, PBMs and potentially Employer Groups). These customers include, but not limited to pharmacy benefit managers, pharmacy and medical directors, formulary directors, clinical pharmacists and pharmaceutical contracting managers.
• This role will lead contract negotiations, present value propositions and provide insights to achieve strategic goals across all accounts in the assigned market.
• Incorporate knowledge of dynamic and complex marketplace and business trends to deliver maximum access to the portfolio of Depomed products.
• Ensure access goals, targeted reimbursement and / or formulary positions
• Prioritize activity on-going with account meetings to include: business reviews, clinical presentations, in-services, marketing updates and related business activities
• Coordinate, implement and follow-through on all managed care contracts, preferred formulary positions, promotions or incentives
• Develop relationships within assigned accounts with breadth and depth well beyond the contracting function and roles at key accounts
• Review submitted rebate claims and validate eligibility for payment
• Penetrate accounts to uncover business opportunities by developing solid professional relationships with key business and clinical decision makers
• Notify field sales management of any/all managed care programs or initiatives that could directly or indirectly effect or impact field sales activity
• Collaboration with Regional Account Managers supporting activities with regional affiliates and other National Account Directors for establishing best practices
• Establish strong relationships with cross functional teams and provide on-going clear communication to ensure clarity of access positions and support pull-through efforts.
• Conduct quarterly business reviews with key account personnel
• Align business planning activities with field sales goals including leadership for pull thru programs for Regional Account Managers.
• Demonstrate financial acumen to analyze contract profitability and market share performance to enhance contracts.
• Coordinate and integrate full/partial field sales support for managed care programs
• Organize and participate in meetings, exhibits, conventions, and advisory groups to create sales/marketing opportunities and to establish sound relations with our customer base
• Maintain assigned budget
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Four year degree in business or related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
• 10 years' medical sales management experience
• Successful track record negotiating deals that drive profitability
• 5 years Managed Care account management experience preferred
• Current experience working with National and Regional payers preferred.
• Previous track record of positive sales results required
• Previous track record of success within the managed markets segment required.
• 60-80%% overnight travel is required with this position
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Strong business acumen and strong entrepreneurial mindset.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Strong understanding of customer and industry reimbursement and contracting practices and trends.
• Thorough understanding of the U.S. healthcare system (public and private sector, payer influencers).
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel via a plane and/or car 80%
• Ability to lift up to 30lbs
• Ability to operate a computer and telephone
• Ability to reach, bend, sit, kneel and stretch
• Ability to speak out load
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to give presentations in front of a large audience
Assertio Therapeutic is a leading specialty pharmaceutical company committed to putting the Patient First in everything we do; with a focus on enhancing the lives of patients, families, physicians, providers and in payors through commercialization of products in the areas of neurology, orphan and specialty therapies.
Assertio has a clear THREE PILLAR strategy for growth:
MAINTAIN a strong/profitable NUCYNTA franchise through a commercialization agreement with Collegium, GROW the Neurology Business and BUILD a new Specialty Business through a recent Cosyntropin transaction. The company’s strategy is to continue to identify, license and develop new products-that offer enhanced therapeutic options to patient populations that may be underserved by existing therapies.
Assertio is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.